Friday, April 17, 2009

I have been to the Mountain!

Hello friends and neighbors and family! I still have no camera and would love to show you what I saw yesterday but ….. The STORY! Galen (the worship pastor) called me and asked “Hey, I have some lift tickets at NORTHSTAR at TAHOE that expire on Saturday.” My response was NO, I DO NOT NEED TO GO SKING AND BREAK EVERY BONE IN MY BODY WHEN I WILL SOON BE OUT OF A JOB! He assured me we would just ride to the top of the mountain and look at Lake Tahoe from the lodge. I’m down with that! Today my face is a bright red as I fried it on the mountain. Yea, forgot the sunblock and now suffer. But what a view! We spent the morning and early afternoon watching (RICH PEOPLE) ski. You have to be very well off to even ride the gondola to the village! I think it is $70 for a five minute ride to where you get on ski lifts to the summit! Don’t even ask what the food cost would be. Being a poor preacher I was very happy to walk in the snow at the expense of a friend! I had a thought race through my brain as I watch the 3 year olds get ski lessons, “I could do that!” Then my hip said “No you can’t.”
As Indicated the church is looking at a new pigeon this weekend and I may be on my way out of here. To where I have no idea but I will keep the faith and believe there is somewhere that needs a Bible based preacher who has been rode hard and put up wet! If you know of a place …. Tell them I am looking and will work cheep. Always have!

Love CA but it may be time to:
CA out

No comments: