Well, the report came back but the Doctor left. I really don't know more than the receptionist at the office said it was a bacterial infection. Someone by the name of Kim is to contact me on Friday. If it were life threating I think I would have been informed so all I know is I am taking Cephalexin at 250 mgs. They have a 500 mgs. I believe would have been more appropriate, and a couple of shots of something. I get the weakest dosage for ten days. I have the first day under my belt and there is no change yet. The real problem is the heat. It causes this crap to just go nuts with itching and burning. I have block ice and ice water I use to calm it down but it is getting OLD FAST. I believe the chemo has destroyed by immune system and am subject to anything that comes near.
I need to go sit in the Icy Waters of the Pacific! It would be the most welcome relief I can think of. I was looking at a place in Ft. Brag I was going to rent for the 4th. A woman of the church stopped by the office and engaged me in conversation. As she was leaving my computer screen announced, SOLD OUT. Are you kidding me? Thanks a whole bunch.
Now I sit in my office doing this. I could be bathed in salt water and sun freezing, but here I am in the same office, same town, same state, in the same condition. That condition is miserable. I hope this drug works.
Love you all CA out
Thursday, July 4, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Dad - that sounds miserable! !! I hope it works too!!! Praying on...we haven't ever stopped. Garden hose (cold water) - E salts - and a plastic kiddies pool???
We love you!!!
With as much bacteria as there is in the Pacific, you are better off at home :) I remember the surfers carried bottles of peroxide to flush out their ears so the bacteria wouldn't crawl in and eat their brains (or maybe give them an earache, but something like that :) We'll pray the meds work quick!
I hear riding a HD motorcycle can help strengthen the immune system..
Post a Comment