In the beginning there was four. From left to right ME, Brant the Youth Pastor, Galen the Worship Pastor, and Brad an Elder in the church and we all made it.
As you can see we made it to Feather Falls! I will tell you that it is 8 miles of rugged trails, up hill both ways. We saw a snake along the way that I wish Snake Hunter could have caught for me but it got away. I am exhausted and it feels great! My tank ran dry on the way there in a spot that was a shortcut straight up. I did it but never fully recovered from the climb. I was the last one out but O WELL I MADE IT OUT! As I am keying this I am praying the video will viewable. This computer often shuts down service to the Internet for some reason. The falls is billed as 6oo foot but I think 473 and 9 inches is a better guess. We started at the parking lot at 9:30 and were at the falls around 11. Beautiful! I thought it was great growing up in the Little Sioux river valley but this is real nice. Ok, this down load is taking for ever and if I try to intervene with pictures I am sure I will screw up the work even more. Foxy Lady asked me if she could meet the girls. I said which ones? And she said that she liked names that started with G! I said I have two girls with G Names! Would you like to meet Gabby! She loves little red dogs who look like Mexican foxes! Yes, said Foxy and I love Dora the explorer too! Foxy said exploring is her favorite thing to do. I said I have another granddaughter named Gracie and she lives on a farm! Foxy Lady was excited and said I want to live in Iowa! Are you kidding me? the video is still not loading.
I am walking down this steep bank and jump this small stream. A flash of something shiny caught my eye and I dove in to capture my find. Fools Gold, but I was excited for a few minutes. Ok I'm thinkin this aint working.
No comments:
Post a Comment